The International Institute on Race, Equality and Human Rights is a human rights organization created in
2014 working in partnership with local activists in Latin America to build grass roots movements that
promote and protect the rights of populations marginalized because of gender, ethnicity, race, socioeconomic
status, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.
Race and Equality has a dynamic capacity-building approach to promote human rights race and combat
discrimination based on race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Our work largely focuses
on the rights of Afro-Latinos, LGBTI people, indigenous peoples, women and other marginalized
communities. Using a combination of litigation, community mobilization, human rights reporting, research
and advocacy methodology at the domestic and international level, we join our partners in developing and
implementing strategies for change. We work with our partners to combat racial discrimination and
discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity (SOGI) through a holistic multi-faceted
approach. Critical to this work is expanding the role of NGOs representing marginalized communities at
the regional level. Hence our program includes building the capacity of our partners to advocate for the
full incorporation of discrimination issues at the Organization of American States (OAS) and litigation
within the Inter-American Human Rights System, in coordination with domestic litigation, policy advocacy
and community mobilization. Using the Universal System is crucial for the advancement of human rights,
in particular the Treaty Bodies, Special Procedures Mandates, and the Universal Periodic Review. Race and
Equality works extensively in the UN system.
Purpose of Assignment:
We are looking for a results-oriented Organizational Development Consultant to conduct organizational
assessment to identify gaps in systems, operations and technical assistance activities Race and Equality. The
Consultant will analyze our business structures and contribute to the development of our personnel. The
Consultant will also analyze business processes, assessing employee performance, and advising management
on the efficient and cost-effective allocation of resources. During the period of the assignment, the Consultant
in collaboration with leadership will develop an institutional strengthening plan and work with leadership
to craft the strategic alignment of the organization. Under the supervision and guidance of the Executive
Director, the Consultant will ensure proper implementation of capacity building strategies that contribute
to the attainment of Race and Equality’s objectives and outcomes. An accomplished organizational
consultant will be someone whose expertise results in enhanced productivity, improved efficiency and
• Review, study and analyze Race and Equality materials – HR, Finance and Compliance
document, annual reports, project evaluations, and all other materials with particular attention to
technical assistance and organizational operations.
• With support from leadership, carry out an organizational capacity assessment to determine the
organization’s current organizational and institutional capacity with special attention to systems,
strategy, leadership development, process improvement and operations.
• Interview staff and other stakeholders to have a clearer view of the challenges.
• Assess business structures, procedures, processes, and resource utilization and advise executives and
senior managers on efficient and cost-effective developmental strategies.
• Design and co-create a detailed organizational strengthening plan and institutional development
interventions for Race and Equality addressing the key gaps and challenges identified from the
• Break down the institutional strengthening plan into specific assignments, develop the scope of
work for each assignment and outline potential roles and opportunities for leadership and staff to
support these efforts
• Support the implementation of the institutional strengthening plan ensuring the vision and
mission of the plan is shared, understood by staff, and used to guide the work of the project
• Collaborate with the human resources department on recruitment and staff development initiatives.
• Facilitate business optimization by conducting individual or group training sessions.
• Restructure departments to optimize efficiency in line with business objectives.
• Identify interdepartmental cooperation opportunities and promoting cross-functionality.
• Evaluate the impact of staff development initiatives on employee performance and retention.
• Documenting processes and preparing progress reports.
• At least a master’s degree in Organizational Development, Strategic Management, Psychology, or
any other relevant discipline; PHD preferred
• Over 7 years’ experience as an organizational development consultant in a related industry.
• Experience with the development and implementation of strategic plans is highly preferred,
• Technical knowledge in human rights will be an added advantage
• Excellent analytical, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
• Fluency in English is required,
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and
Period of Performance: The assignment will start in March 2022 and conclude by July 2022.
Apply: No calls please. Send immediately cover letter, resume, and proposal to email@example.com
Afro-descendants, women and LGBTI persons are encouraged to apply.
Race and Equality is an equal opportunity employer.